Recently, Steam version’s GTA4 suddenly cannot launch correctly, just black screen. If you keep waiting to that, around 2 mins, you actually can get into the game menu.
After some research, it turns out related to network problem. Blocking network connection for GTA4 will make the game launching faster as usual. Here is the solution (Tested on Windows 10 only):
- Go to “Windows Settings”, search “firewall” and click “Windows Defender Firewall”
- Click “Advanced settings”
- Outbound Round => New Rule => select “GTAIV.exe” and click next next next and finish.
- Repeat step 3 with “gta4Browser.exe”
Support KVM only. OpenVZ is not supported.
- Backup your files on your VPS.
- Install CentOS on your VPS.
- Install these packages:
yum install -y gawk sed grep glibc-common
- Install Windows by running the following command:
wget --no-check-certificate -qO DebianNET.sh 'https://moeclub.org/attachment/LinuxShell/DebianNET.sh' && bash DebianNET.sh -dd 'https://moeclub.org/get-win7embx86-auto'
It may takes up 40 to 90 mins, depends on your VPS. The ssh session will be closed. You cannot see the progress on the ssh.
- If your VPS provider supports VNC, you may see “Starting up the partitioner”. It is normal, just pay attend.
- After that, you can login to the Windows by RDP or VNC using this Windows Account: